Sunday 14 May 2017

DISASTER

Related image

It was a chilled morning where I had some difficulties in waking up myself. But yet I managed to wake up. Today I have to go to campus, because I have this industrial visit to Big Ocean near to next state. This is a great chance for me to learn engineering stuff as we all are the future engineers. This project has been coming up into serious issues in news’s headiness and social network. I’m so proud that our country finally comes up with something outstanding that is well known worldwide.
“Ring, ring”, oh that’s my phone and I know who exactly calling me. This should be my friend Manosh, and I answered “Where are you, I’m waiting for half an hour downstairs”, and I said, “I’m on my way”.
Down I rush and bang on him, well as usual I was the last person to onboard the bus. I got scold from lecturers, but I don’t bother them because I was busy setting up my stuff in the bus and was finding for a seat. And again Manosh poke me from behind and offer me a seat and we sit together. We shared a lot of stories on the way and Manosh was the best person and best buddy I shared everything since small. He is my best friend until at one point all my other friends thought we are in a relationship. But I’m happy that Manosh is very clear about our relationship and that’s the reason we are still friends till today.
“Here we are”, said our lecturer by giving a sign that we have reached our destination. I can clearly hear the sound of wave, and smell of sea. I grab my bag and was rushing myself to take out my camera nikon D750. I was too excited and can’t wait to see and learn from lecture session of Mr Prabhagaran, the Senior Engineer and the Founder of this new technology called “Ocean Freeze”.
I started to take pictures whatever I finds unique and extraordinary, while my crazy buddy was talking all the while. We were called into a lecture hall and asked to sit accordingly. The moment Mr Prabhagaran entered, I can feel goosebumps. We gave a warm welcome to him by clapping hand loudly but I was busy taking few shots of him.
He started to give a welcome speech to all of us, and gave us a small presentation on his research about his new project. He also stated that he implemented in the ocean nearby to test his founding. It was three months ever since his founding and since, there were no harm effects he and all the engineers from Board of Engineers approved his project and stated to be in watch for 2 years.
We were brought to the working site after the lecture. After we entered, we found ourselves as if in Antarctic. The place was really cold, yet we can still hear the sound of waves.  We managed to ask few questions to the founder. I also didn’t miss the chance to approach him, so I went towards him and throw him few questions. He was very polite while answering me back and he made direct eye to eye contact. I actually learnt a lot from him and managed to take few photographs with him. While he was answering the questions, we heard a huge sound like cracking of ice cube, but in a larger version.
Mr Prabhagaran rushed out to see what the cause was and asked us to stay safe in. Suddenly a huge sound of waves is heard clearly. Our lecturers start to get panicked. I and Manosh wanted to see what’s going outside, so went to the hall at upstairs without even informing the lecturers. There was no roof, it was the rooftop. We can see everything outside clearly. I took my camera and start to zoom in as far as I can at the frozen ocean area. As I was zooming, I managed to capture few shots of aggressive waves breaking the frozen sector. Thus water approaches vigorously and breaking the frozen sector deeper.
I wanted to aware about this to our lecturer and we went downstairs. We showed the images. I ask our lecturer we should get out of this place as soon as possible, because if not we would be trapped and drowned by heavy waves. Our lecturer was very panic, so I and Manosh help to instruct the students and brought them to the bus. We asked the driver to take off. Three hours of continuous journey we head to south because the waves were approaching from west. We took rest at nearby restaurant. We bought some drinks and saw flash news on television screen. It was the wave that destroyed the frozen sector and caused huge damage to the nearby place and got flooded. It will take few days for the flood to reduce, and people are gone missing with zero deaths were stated. We were so relieved. Our lecturer thanked me and Manosh for the quick act. We were safe home. Well this was an adventurous trip we had since the past. I had learnt a lot of lessons as well. But yet was worried about the founder. But mistakes always brought to a new innovation. Hope he can come up with one to repair this.
The End… 

No comments:

Post a Comment